Imagine now that you are standing at the top of 15 stairs. With each step as you descend the stairs, you will become more relaxed. As I count down from 15 to 1, your breathing will become slower and more even. Your body will feel heavier as you go into an even deeper state of relaxation.
15. 14. You’re becoming more relaxed.
13. 12. Feel yourself descending into a deeper level of relaxation.
11. 10. 9. Allow yourself to ease down deeper and deeper.
8. 7. 6. Feel the heaviness of deeper relaxation.
5. 4. 3. Your breathing is slow and easy.
2. 1. You are now in a deeper state of relaxation.
Your body is feeling comfortably heavy and relaxed. You feel a warm, pleasant sensation throughout your body. Each time you exhale, you feel more and more relaxed as you ease down deeper and deeper. Enjoy the feeling of completely slowing down and becoming relaxed.